Our Privacy Promise to you
CreditSnap.ca and app.CreditSnap.ca are owned and operated by CreditSnap Canada Inc. At CreditSnap, we value your patronage and your privacy. This notice describes how we protect your privacy when we collect and use information about you provided by you through our website, as well as information collected offline and the measures we take to safeguard that information. We take this responsibility seriously and we diligently safeguard your personal information. This policy explains:
What information we collect and receive about you
- How we collect and use it
- With Whom we do share your information
- How we protect personal information electronically (Security Notice)
Creditsnap.ca is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
1. What Information We Collect and Receive About You
We might receive or collect several types of information about you, such as the information described below.
- Personally Identifiable Information or PII: Identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address and social security number identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address, Social Security number or phone number.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information or Non-PII: We also collect information such as device data, log information, location information and data about your online activity on our website that does not identify you. We may also collect and store information that you provide to us about your income, employment and monthly mortgage or rental payments.
- Information Third Parties Provide About You: Some features rely on information about you that we collect from third parties with your consent or where otherwise permitted or required by law. This information includes, for example, credit scores we request on your behalf from Credit Bureau. We may also work with third party data partners to supplement the Usage Information and other information we collect directly from you. These data partners may provide additional information about your household and financial profile beyond what we have collected from you, such as income, demographic, asset and public record information. In addition, our business partners may provide us with information about special offers available based on your credit profile so that we can give you more personalized recommendations. We might also collect information from other users like you through things like a member referral program.
2. How We collect Information You Provide to us
- a. From you: When you fill out forms or fields in connection with your inquiring about or obtaining our services. The information you provide in your inquiry form does not alter or change.
- b. Other Sources : We may obtain information about you from third parties such as credit reports, information about your home and demographic information. We do not pull a hard inquiry relating to your credit bureau report rather a soft inquiry is performed in order to assist in complying with federal, state and local laws. Information such as Social Insurance Number (SIN), date of birth (DOB), address and phone number may be verified to assist in the prevention of identity theft, consumer identification and verification by third party services. CreditSnap takes your privacy seriously and performs these checks using industry best practices and standards. We may also collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others with your consent.
3. How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect from you for various lawful business purposes such as finding the available credit options, pushing your request to lenders, communicate with you, conduct research and development to improve or enhance our Services and our users’ experience, and promote our Services.We may use information to:
- a. Deliver the products and services you requested.
- b. Perform functions as described to you at the time of collection.
- c. Manage your customer relationship with provide you with customer support
- d. Communicate with you via e-mail, postal mail and/or SMS to your mobile device about products or services that may be of interest to you
- e. Build and display content and services customized to your interests on our website and other websites
- f. Targeted advertisements and measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming and other activities
- g. We may use financial information to match you with lenders, provide you with lenders’ conditional loan offers, auto dealers, auto lenders, personal loan providers, etc. As well as to verify your identity, protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, or otherwise as needed to manage our business.
4. With Whom Do We Share Your Information
- a. Lenders or Matching Service Providers: In submitting an inquiry for a loan product or other service offered through this website, when you click on any button indicating an acceptance or agreement to terms, a continuance of processing or submission, you signify your agreement to proceed you are consenting, acknowledging and agreeing to the disclosure of your PII, as described herein, with lenders in our network (“Lenders”) with whom you are or may be matched. Please note that a soft inquiry of credit will not be performed by CreditSnap unless you authorize us to do so by submitting a completed pre-qualification request. Even if you do not provide your Social Security Number, we may access your credit file to assist in the prevention of identity theft and to verify your request is accurate and complete. Lastly, not all network “Lenders” will obtain your SSN and each “Lender” has its own requirements, disclosures and consent requirements. We may share Non-PII with lenders in our network in our discretion.
BE AWARE that the Lenders with whom you are matched may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services and you should contact these Lenders directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices which may differ from CreditSnap.
- b. Services Providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf including, but not limited to service providers that perform services on our behalf in connection with your request for a loan or the funding, sale and/or servicing of your loan. These third parties include, without limitation credit bureaus, other insurance companies, closing agents, marketing and customer services firms, credit card, or entities that provide business analysis or website support. These third parties may have access to PII needed to perform their functions.
- c. Other Situations: We also may disclose your information at our sole discretion
- I. In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us
- II. In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- III. When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrong doing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; or to enforce our websites terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- To limit our sharing: Mail the form below
5. How we Protect Your PII
- We take industry standard security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your PII from unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition to the restrictions outlined above, we require employees to comply with information security safeguards, we use encryption in the transmission of your PII between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your PII.
METHODS OF PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION Encryption & website certificates Industry standard encryption protects the information you share with us from the moment it leaves your computer until it reaches our systems. Look for the secure locked padlock on your browser, which means you are using a secure web connection. Consult your web browser documentation for more information. Session time-outs We employ session time-outs to protect your account. You will be logged out of the website automatically after a period of inactivity. This reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.
6. Third Party Links and Policies
- CreditSnap website contains links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These third parties and their servers may be located in the United States or in other countries. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle Information they may collect about you.
7. Subscriptions / Unsubscribe
8. Social Media Widgets
9. Disclosure Regarding Google Analytics Advertising Features
In addition to services from other Advertising Service Providers, we use the following Google Analytics Advertising Features as part of our marketing analytics and advertising: Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Platform integrations and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We may also use other services provided by Google Analytics from time to time. Google provides users an opportunity to opt-out of the Google Analytics Features through Google’s Ads Settings and their web browser opt-out plugin. For additional information on opting out of interest-based ads by Google, visit here.
10. Do Not Track Signals
At this time, we do not respond to automated signals regarding tracking mechanisms, including “do not track” instructions from your browser. Please note that blocking cookies may affect your browsing experience on many sites and may limit your ability to use certain features of our Services, including many of the personalized features we provide for our members.
10. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Consent Agreement for Electronic Disclosures and Communications from CreditSnap Canada Inc.
Please read this information carefully and print a copy and/or retain this information for future reference.
Electronic Disclosures and Communications: Disclosures and Communications will be provided to you (and on behalf of any individual designated by you) electronically either via your designated email address and/or posted to your My Account established through canada.creditsnap.com. However, if you wish to obtain a paper copy of any legally required disclosure, you may write to CreditSnap Canada Inc., 251 CONSUMERS RD SUITE 1231, NORTH YORK, ON M2J 1R3 with the details of your request.
Scope of Consent: Your consent to receive Disclosures and Communications and to do business electronically, and our agreement to do so, applies to this pre-qualification Inquiry with CreditSnap Canada Inc. and its participating Network of Lenders.
Consent for Electronic Communications: By providing at any time the number of your land line telephone, mobile telephone or other wireless device or your email address, you expressly consent and agree that we and any of our Lenders, partners, service providers or assignee’s may call you, using an automatic telephone dialing system or otherwise, may leave you a voice, prerecorded or artificial voice message, and may send you a text, e-mail or other electronic message for any purpose related to the pre-qualification Inquiry or related to your credit application submitted to lenders and for other informational purposes related to the Note and any account, product or service you request or obtain from us or our lenders (each, a “Communication”). You agree that we and any of our lenders, partners, service providers or assignee’s may send a Communication to any telephone number associated with your Note and other accounts with us that you provide to us, now or in the future, including cellular telephone numbers. You agree that we and any of our lenders, partners, service providers or assignee’s may send an e-mail message to any e-mail address associated with your request or other accounts with us that you provide to us, now or in the future. You have the right to cancel your consent for use of automatic telephone dialing systems and prerecorded or artificial voice messages at any time by notifying us. You agree that we and any of our lenders, partners, service providers or assignee’s may include your personal information in a Communication. We will not charge you for a Communication, but your service provider may. You understand and agree that we and any of our lenders, partners, service providers or assignee’s may always communicate with you in any manner permitted by law that does not require your prior consent. You agree that we and any of our lenders, partners, service providers or assignee’s may monitor and record telephone calls to assure the quality of service or for other reasons.
Consenting to Do Business Electronically: Before you decide to do business electronically with CreditSnap, you should consider whether you have the required hardware and software capabilities described below.
Hardware and Software Requirements: To access and retain the Disclosures and Communications electronically, you will need to use the following computer software and hardware:
- Internet access with 128-bit encryption.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or higher.
- Ability to Print
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Email Access
- Firefox version 3.6 or higher
Withdrawing Consent: Because CreditSnap will provide the Disclosures and Communications to you instantaneously, you will not be able to withdraw your consent to do business electronically with CreditSnap during the pre-qualification Inquiry process. Since your consent expires after the instantaneous pull of credit report, you need not worry about withdrawing the consent.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION: You agree to provide us with your accurate email address and personal contact information and to promptly notify us of any changes.